Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Dear _____,

Rue...  I haven't seen you in days and I'm afraid that you've run away.  Why?  I liked you.  And my kitchen had as many cockroaches as you could possibly wish to eat.  I don't understand why you would leave...

Guy carrying mattress on his head...  Wow.  That stack of foam is as tall as you are.  No joke.

Taxi driver...  Am I Italian?  Yes and no, though what that has to do with my scarf, I don't know.  Your brother is a taxi driver in New York?  How interesting.  Please don't let yourself get carried away in the conversation, though.  I'd appreciate it if you got me to my destination without an accident.  (Slamming on your brakes doesn't exactly put your passengers at ease, you know.)

Little boy talking to his shadow...  If an adult did that, we'd say they were crazy.  But since you're a kid, we chuckle and call it "imagination".  Thanks for the entertainment!

Hallway window...  I'm glad you're facing so that I can catch a glimpse of the sun setting.  It's a nice break from buildings, buildings, buildings.

Baby goat on wobbly legs...  I think I'll put you on my All I want for Christmas list.  I absolutely love baby goats, and who knows, you might be handy to have around.  Have around for what?  That's the part I haven't figured out yet.

Matchmaker, matchmaker...  Make me a match.  No, not that kind of match.  The kind you use to light a pilot light.  I realized this week that running out of matches is not a good thing.  With no water heater and no microwave, I depend on my stove/oven quite a bit, and it takes a match to start it.

Phonetic drills...  Why do we enjoy you so much?  I'm not sure, but we do.  (At least my half of the class does.)  I honestly don't remember phonetics at MTC being either particularly fun/easy or particularly challenging.  That was so long ago.  Apparently I remembered something, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment