Monday, May 5, 2014

The Weekend in Black and White

 
I decided to shop for more than just a week at a time.  At first glance, this might seem like rebellion.  Here buying bread every day is the norm, people might run down to the boutique to buy tea bags and sugar right when they're ready to make it, and so on.  Shopping once a week would be weird enough, but shopping for a month or so...?  Double-supreme weird with extra cheese.  Or something like that.
 
Rebellion?  No.
 
Looking for ways to free up more time and simplify where possible?  Yes.
 
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;)
 
 
Bread and olive oil (extra virgin) to celebrate my Mediterranean heritage.  Or just because it tastes good.
 
 
Pamplemousse.  That word makes me laugh.
 
 
Last Friday, Marie-Claude showed me how she makes fried plantains, and I'm eager to try it at home.  The plantains are ripening on my counter now.
 
 
I bought a bunch of veggies to chop up and freeze.
 
 
 
I was singing and frying eggs for dinner Saturday.  Halfway through the second verse of How Deep the Father's Love, I spotted something on the wall outside.  A gecko!
 
I got so used to Rue and Eb's diminutive size, that the first thing that went through my mind was, My, that's a HUGE gecko!
 
So I'll call him Goliath.
 
I hope he has some itty-bitty cousins hanging around, too.
 
 
Oh, Anne.
 
 
She kept me company while I wrote lists and more lists.  (I do that sometimes...)
 
 
 
I would not have been more pleased had I discovered a bag of gold in the market.  (Actually, I was considerably more pleased than had I found a bag of gold.)  They looked like big pinto beans, so I was eager to try some.  I'd say they're a cousin. :)  An acceptable substitute.  Which is super, because the other substitute I'd been so excited about several months ago has since disappeared.  Temporarily? permanently?  Who knows.
 
 
Salsa waiting to be made.  (Feliz Cinco de Mayo, todos!)
 
So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment