Monday, December 17, 2018

December Reads



The Best Yes | TerKeurst: I picked up this book at the library, thinking the title seemed very relevant and helpful.  When I actually started reading, though, it took me a few chapters to get into it.  I’m not sure if it was a slow start or if I was just getting used to a new author’s “voice”.  Anyway, it turned out to be quite good: she has a gift for choosing incredible analogies and illustrations.  The content was relevant and challenging – exploring how to make decisions in a world filled with opportunities for good things.  How do we choose well?  How do we deal with others’ expectations?  How do we keep the focus on the Lord and not the things themselves?  Definitely a worth-while read. 

Grace-Laced | Simons: I’d seen some of the author’s artwork before and read her blog, so I was excited to check this out.  It was full of delightful artwork and gentle but poignant reminders of truth.  The book is divided into four sections by seasons, and each season has eight devotionals.  A lovely read.

Country Kitchens | Innes: This was just for fun.  And fun it was indeed!  I love the warm, friendly, worn feel of country kitchens.  Even though it was published a while ago (1991), it didn’t have the annoyingly outdated feel that so many old décor books do.  I suspect that’s because all the kitchens were already old – old enough to stand the test of time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment