Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reflections on Trust

"...In quietness and trust is your strength..." - from Isaiah 30:15

Trusting the Lord doesn't always make things "easier".  It doesn't always make things turn out "better".  (I used to think it did - "Trust God and everything will be peachy-keen.") Sometimes situations are still difficult and the results less-than-satisfactory to us.

Trust does give us the strength to say, in spite of that, "It doesn't really matter.  The single thing that matters most is being close to the Lord.  If I can walk with Him through this experience [small, large, or in-between] and know Him better, than it is completely worth it."

---

I've been learning over the past two years - I'm not as strong as I thought I was.  And God is a whole lot stronger than I ever realized.

He is worthy to be trusted with abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment