Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where to?

[This post originally appeared on my NTM blog.]

This is a (very) long-overdue update…

My class is seven weeks into Linguistics now.  It has definitely been a stretching experience, as the skills and concepts don’t always come easily for me.  Through it all God is faithful and sufficient.  Here are a few blessings He’s given me this semester :

~ A small class – just six students, plus our instructor.  We’ve had fun learning (and running into frequent “brick walls”) together.

~ Exciting opportunities to be involved with outreach and my church.

~ Meeting new students and reconnecting with old friends.  It’s tremendously encouraging.

~ Constant encouragement and challenge as we hear real-time updates on what He is doing around the world.  (You can click here to read some of these exciting stories for yourself!)

“Where to? What next?” I often get asked.

In the midst of Linguistics and the busyness that brings, I’ve been impressed with the need to move forward in choosing a field.  The needs are vast everywhere, and honestly, I’m a little overwhelmed at the thought of having to “pick” one place out of all of them.  A sign in the sky would be nice, but if things were always laid out in their entirety, where would be the need to depend on the Lord?

So the next step of obedience?  Contacting several fields to see how I can be a part of what God’s doing around the world.

Your prayers for the Lord’s clear leading would be greatly appreciated.  I look forward to updating you (hopefully sooner than later) on how He works.

Thank you, thank you, and again, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment