Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Camp pictures

Hi!   It's Wednesday, my first day off.  (And what a blessing that was!)

Today I had the house to myself, worked on laundry and note-writing, listened to two sermons from the series "Shaped by Grace", and took a lovely, woodsy walk.   I think I might have discovered the most beautiful spot in the camp: a peaceful little nook by the creek.   Sadly, I didn't bring my camera with me - all the pictures were taken on other walks.

But I'm sure I'll return someday - hopefully soon.

---



Looking out the front door



Looking up the hill towards the right



This is taken from just in front of the house, towards the left.  When I left for lunch today, I saw a little deer family right there.  The fawn was so cute!  (Sorry, I didn't have my camera with me then.)



I like old barns.



The woods have so many wonderful trails for exploring.





This deer just casually walked across the road in front of me, as though I were no threat at all.  (Of course, I'm not.)





Isn't this cool?!



These trees are so beautiful and expansive.  I felt very small.



The trail practically begs, "Keep going!   Keep going!"   And the further I went, the more beautiful and amazing it all seemed.  (Disclaimer: my camera cannot possibly do these woods justice, but at least you get an idea.)



The evening is a really nice time to take a walk.  The setting sun plays in the trees and creates the best shadows.





The towering redwoods that give the camp it's name.   (I'm not used to trees this tall!!)







I think this might be one of my favorite shots.





The abundance of ferns is simply amazing!



Oh, look!   There's my shadow.









At some points, it almost felt like I'd stepped into another world.  The light and shadows - the quiet and the forest noises - the muffled bubbling of a creek hidden somewhere amidst all those trees - the green, green, GREEN (have I mentioned it was green?)...







On the way back, I saw another deer.   Or maybe it was the same one; I have no idea.





I might also like tractors.

---

Inside there's not much to see.   Really.   But knowing that at least some of you would want to see my Summer living quarters...



The living room



The kitchen - which never gets used, since all our meals are provided courtesy the camp kitchen.  (In which yours truly now spends half her days working.)   Through that white door is one of the bedrooms, where two of the girls are staying.



The bedroom I'm staying in.   I have one roommate.



(You'll notice there's no door.)

It's not particularly cosy or homey, but at least there aren't a ton of bugs.   And I have my favorite picture frame with me.

---

Good night!   My morning starts early, so I'd better not stay up too late tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment