Thursday, June 21, 2012

From Camp...

[This post originally appeared on my NTM blog.]

What I said the most during my first week: “Where is…?” and “How do I…?”

First on-the-job injury: a bump to my finger which resulted in a small bubble of blood underneath my skin

What surprises me most: that there aren’t more bugs

Funny mistake: grabbing what I thought was barbecue sauce to put on my meat…it was actually chocolate sauce, and thankfully I didn’t get very much before I realized my mistake!

What keeps me on my toes: a banana-bread-stealing boss

Essential kitchen survival skill: getting in and out of the walk-in refrigerator or freezer as fast as possible (you never know if someone is lurking around the corner, waiting to lock you in or turn the light out on you)

My favorite kitchen machines: the dishwasher (it’s not your mom’s dishwasher!) and the electric slicer, which slices not only meat, but cheese, tomatoes, onions, and more…so fast, so easy!

Insect discovery #1: water striders are cool!

Insect discovery #2: banana slugs MUST be part of the curse

Bedtime prayer: that no mosquitoes try to befriend me

Favorite spot at camp: by the creek – about a 15-20 minute walk down a woodsy trail – so peaceful, green, and gorgeous! I can’t help but think of Psalm 23 – “He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul.”

What God reminds me of often: it’s a new situation, so I’ll get to see His grace in new ways

No comments:

Post a Comment