Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hello, June!

I really don't know where May went.   (And yes, I do this every month.)



Glorious - it's what the Lord has done in me.

Weak, but strong in Him. Empty, but full in Him.

This week has been chock-full of reminders of that.   Not in an overwhelming I'm-going-crazy sort of way, but the reminders have definitely been there.

---

You know how sometimes in your quiet time, one little verse - or one little phrase - jumps out at you?   The first part of 1 Timothy 1:14 caught my attention this morning.   I looked it up in a bunch of versions.

(Side note: I'm not unreservedly endorsing each and every one of these versions.   Just trying to look at the gem from as many angles as I can.)

Our Lord's favor poured all over me. (CEB)

But the grace of our Lord surpassingly over-abounded. (DARBY)

But our Lord gave me a full measure of His grace. (ERV)

And the grace of our Lord overflowed for me. (ESV)

And our Lord poured out His abundant grace on me. (GNT)

And the grace of our Lord was more than abundant. (NASB)

But the grace of our Lord was fully given to me. (NCV)

Our Lord poured out more and more of His grace on me. (NIRV)

The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly. (NIV)

And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant. (NKJV)

Wow.

---

The garden is doing well.   It's so fun to watch those little plants growing a bit each day.   I've been hoping that at least a few of the sweet peas would bud before I left for camp, but so far - nothing.  It was disappointing to find no bursts of color amidst the green when I was watering this morning.   It's sort of not fair, I thought to myself, that the girls will probably get to see the flowers before I do.   They don't really care about gardens, but I do, and I put a good deal of work into this... It's just not fair that someone else should get to experience the benefits of my hard work if I don't.

I caught myself right there.   I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase popped into my head.  It's not like the garden matters all that much in the grand scheme of things, but my attitude - that does matter.   Suppose I let that thinking spill over into "ministry"??  "Lord, You have to show me the results of my service and sacrifice for You.   I have a right to see!   I don't want someone else reaping what I've sown!"

Hmm.   Not pretty.

---

Tomorrow I'm going to visit some friends, and I'd be lying to pretend that I'm not just a bit giddy over that.   It's been almost a year since the three of us were all together.

I'm just about packed, so I think I'll start my book (Grace for the Good Girl) tonight.   Three chapters to read before Thursday's discussion at Chatting at the Sky...and not much time between the visit and leaving for camp.  Better get started sooner than later.   This isn't the kind of book I want to be speed-reading.

In closing...if you're in the mood for listening to a song try this one that I was enjoying this morning. Or this one that's currently playing.

So long, one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment