Friday, June 19, 2015

Not Made for This


Mami, tu nous manques...
 
- - -
 
Every time I saw her face in my mind, I just wanted to start crying all over again.  It just can't be true.  She wasn't that old!  And she has a husband and three young kids.  And I saw her, like...just a couple weeks ago.
 
I stood outside on the balcony and tilted my head up towards the stars, my heart begging God to look down on our little corner of the world, to look down and to see our pain.
 
And then I shook myself.
 
This is His world.  We are His creation.
 
How could His heart not wrench at this?
 
We weren't made for death.  We weren't made to feel this pain and experience this separation.  Death was an intruder in the world He created.  I suppose that's why it hurts so much.
 
In the beginning, it wasn't like this.
 
There was no death, no separation.
 
And then...sin.
 
Because of one act of disobedience, the human race has been forced to live with the experience of death ever since.  And God looked down, His heart beating with grief and love for the people He created...
 
And He came and walked among us and experienced the bitterness of death so that life could be restored for those who believe in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment