Thursday, June 18, 2015

This...

 
This three generations on Skype (the first time I'd been able to see my grandma since I've been here).
 
 
This is take two... 
 
 
...and three.
 
 
This is a typical kitchen scene at Angèle's.  I believe the menu that day was chebu jen.
 
 
This is the appreciation lunch we had at the Mission one Sunday to honor our host pastors (my pastor is the fourth from the left, and his wife is sitting in front of him).
 
 
This is a "keepin' it real" shot.  Packing chaos...how I detest it. 
 
 
This is that day I babysat Theo at my place.
 
 
This is what happened when he slept on my Ruffles-have-ridges couch. :)
 
 
This is because I just can't resist his cuteness.
 
 
This is when I unbraided my hair the other day.  I'd guess it took about four hours or so.  I hung out at Anna's...she packed, I unbraided, and we kept each other company.  That works for me!
 
 
This is right after I finished unbraiding.  POOF!!!
 
 
This is after it was washed and tamed with Anna's straightener.
 
 
This is coconut ice cream madd.  It's a local fruit (also known as "saba") with lots of seeds in a hard shell.  You suck the tart flesh and juice off the seeds.  Angèle wanted to send some back to the US with me, but I wasn't sure that I'd be able to get it through customs (or that I'd have enough weight/space available).  So instead she gave me this ice cream carton of prepared madd (sugar, and a dash of salt and pepper) to enjoy now.  She's determined, I think, to spoil me before I go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment