Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Taking It All In: Open House

So the other Saturday, I had an open house, because I'm leaving in less than a month and I can't possibly invite everyone over separately before then.
 
And because I adore parties.  I pretty much look for any excuse I can find to throw one.
 
Anna spent that Friday night and helped me with the food preparations and such.  Like, until 1:30 in the morning.  She's a good friend, that girl.
 
I'm going to miss her...
 
Cue lump in throat.
 
Anyway.
 
From noon till 9:00pm Saturday I had a steady flow of friends in and out: from church, from the Mission, from the language center.  June is a busy month for a lot of us and I honestly wasn't expecting a huge turnout, but we ended up having a nice number.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Friends and a table laden with food, what more could I ask for?
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Rachel, photo?  Photo?"
 
 
 
Yes, I realize that shirt makes me look...well...pregnant.
 
Never fear, my friends.  Such is not the case.
 
 
 
 
I was snapping lots of pictures of Theo, as usual.
 
Angèle was like, "You're going to miss him, aren't you, Rachel?"
 
Yes.  Yes, I am.
 
Cue lump in throat again...
 
 
 
Theo rockin' the backwards cap.
 
 
 
Attitude.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks, Lord, for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment