Thursday, July 9, 2015

Everyday Life: Church

An "Everyday Life" post that I didn't get to before I left: Church.
 
The church meets in an apartment, which also serves as our language center.  It's not a fancy place but it serves its purpose.
 
 
This year I had a chance to help out a bit in Sunday School.  I kind of wish I had started that sooner, but I'm glad for the little bit of time I had with the kids before I left.
 
 
We'd start the class with review questions.
 
(That's Damaris, by the way, one of my fellow teachers.)
 
 
 
 
 
Then we'd have story time.  We used The Lamb, a book which I most highly recommend. :)
 
 
Sometimes we'd color or do a craft after that.  This week was Mother's Day, so each of the kids made a little heart for their mom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He totally didn't care that he was holding it upside-down. :)
 
 
 
 
At the very end, the kids rejoined everyone else and all the moms had to go to the front.  The rest of us took turns expressing our thanks for them and what they do. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The kids always played outside afterwards.
 
 
 
This was my last Sunday.
 
Sniffle, sniffle.
 
 
Pierre, the ever-faithful pianist
 
 
Vero and I
 
 
Two mamans of the church, Edith and Anne Marie
 
 
 
Ndèye and I
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Naomi and Esther - the pastor's girls
 
 
 
Goodbyes.
 
I don't like them one bit.
 
...But I know I'll see these people again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment