Thursday, February 25, 2016

To Unlikely Friendship

A friend of my grandma's in high school...who lives in a state I've never been to...whom my grandpa "randomly" suggested I send my newsletter to a couple years ago.

Seems an unlikely friendship, doesn't it?

But it's been the coolest thing.

We talk about family and books and following Jesus.  She prays with me.  She's a listening ear when I need to talk something through.  She points me to truth every. single. time.

I never imagined this randomly-started relationship would prove to be such an encouragement or important shaping factor in my life and journey over the last couple years.  But God did.

Nor has this been the only time.  Like the new girl I was assigned to clean with at MTC, who quickly became one of my closest friends of all time.  She's seen my good, bad, and ugly.  She talks sense into me when I freak out and forget Who this is all about.  She understands me better, I think, than probably anyone outside my mom.  And it all started with scrubbing toilets and showers together. :)

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Here's to unexpected friendships and all the other blessings God surprises us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment