Saturday, January 13, 2018

Farewell to Christmas Break

The students are trickling back in, I'm caught up on work from the break (so many yays!), and classes start next Wednesday.

It's Saturday, so the laundry is going.

Apples are sitting on my counter waiting to be chopped up for applesauce.


This week we had a day up in the 50's, so all the icicles and snow melted.  I was kind of glad, because fresh snow is much prettier than the frozen-melted-refrozen stuff.

Today it's back in the teens and we should be getting some snow again soon.



I went into Christmas break feeling pretty tired and looking forward to recharging for the next semester.  The break (while very good) turned out to be quite full, and I was a little disappointed to come back much less rested than I wanted to be.

However, the past week-and-a-half has been surprisingly restful - productive but not too full, quiet but not dull - and I'm thankful for the way God met that need.

Next week will be the start of my fifth semester here, and I'm excited for God will teach me, my coworkers, and our students through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment