Monday, January 1, 2018

Resurrecting the Blog

Hello, 2018!

I was admittedly horrible about blogging last semester.  Blogging was obviously not a high priority last semester.

I'd like to get back into the habit, only without the overthinking and planning that sometimes goes along with posting.

Anyway, Christmas break is almost over and I'll be flying back to the frigid Midwest in a couple days.  This year's break was much fuller and had less down time than last year's.  It's been fun to see friends, family, people at church (where the kids are somehow all inches taller than when I last saw them)...oh, and also the sun.

My little hometown looks about the same as it has for...years.  Mostly.

I haven't lived here for two years.  (Two years?!  Time is a funny thing.)

A few snapshots from the trip -





















 

2017.  After nearly all of my adult life being one transition after another, 2017 was a year oddly empty of big, new things to report.  Oh, to be sure, there were some changes, but it seemed like a plateau in comparison to previous years.

It didn't all go perfectly or the way I planned.  I still have a lot to learn.  There are still prayers and questions that don't have answers...and may never.

But God's kindness has continued to shine clearer and clearer, and the past year has been a sweet one with Him.

As I think over 2017 - and some things I may wish I'd done differently - or over 2018 and what I may wish will happen or be accomplished, hope is the word that comes to mind.

All these things or plans may disappoint, may not turn out the way I'd like.  But the Lord will never fail me.

He, Himself, is my hope.  My soul has no surer anchor than the One who made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment