Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Not Afraid

I'm not afraid of what I'll lose
My greatest joy is finding You

That song was running through my head the other morning.  I thought about how true it was, how nothing I might lose or give up or never have could be better than Him, but with that thought was another...

I was afraid.

Here and now, I can see how good He's been and how His plans for me have been so much more wonderful than the life I dreamed up for myself.

But it didn't always look that way.

When He showed me all my legalism and the outward things I was clinging to for my identity, I was afraid.

When He started nudging me back to the States and I left my life's biggest dream of serving Him overseas, I was afraid.

Afraid that what I was losing would be too big a price, that I'd feel empty without all that.

Somehow, the fog has thinned and when I look around me today, I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that He is my greatest joy...

Greater than anything else can ever be.

- - -

This evening we kicked off our Spring 2018 semester.

It's freezing and the snow sparkles in the most beautiful way under the lights.

I found mangoes and avocados on sale Sunday.

Classes start tomorrow...for the students, not for me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment