Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Last Chance

The "restrictions" (I don't even like calling them that, since they're really not that bad) start at 8:00 this morning, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to quickly post something before then.

Breakfast menu: Homemade yogurt, banana, slice of whole wheat bread, and coffee.  (Because you had to know!)

Dishes are in the dishwasher, laundry is in the drier, and I'm at the kitchen table.  No else is up yet.  I love quiet mornings with a cup of coffee.

It's pretty wet outside, although I don't know if it's actually raining at the moment.

This afternoon, some of us ladies will be making homemade noodles and crackers.  That should be fun. I plan to bring my camera...no guarantee that I'll remember to take pictures, though.  And I'll be coming up with a menu for the next 1 1/2 weeks (one of our class assignments).  Hmm...I'm going to bake more bread, maybe make some tortillas, some granola, perhaps try my hand at quiche...Cooking from scratch is so much fun.  Eating the stuff you make is even more fun.


And finally, in closing, a verse that came into my mind this morning - one of my all-time favorites - Joshua 1:9.  "Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."  (I love that verse in Spanish, too!)  I'm not really "afraid" of our camping trip this weekend, or anything else that I can think of in this class, but the reminder is always good, no?  God is with me wherever I go.  So stop worrying.  Start singing.  We have every reason in the world to sing if we know Christ.
HALLELUJAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment