Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A change of plans

[This post originally appeared on my NTM blog.]

The Lord has redirected my plans slightly, and after much prayer, I’ve decided not to continue with the final phase of linguistics (7-week practicum in Oklahoma, followed by 3 weeks in Missouri).

Over the last semester, it has become increasingly clear that linguistics is not a gift that the Lord has given me.  Although it’s an important ministry, I’ve realized that (at least from what I know now) He has another way for me to fit into the big picture.   There are many, many opportunities to serve in West Africa including discipleship; teaching women Bible lessons, vocational skills, and literacy; mobilizing the African church to church planting; serving as hostess of the Guest House…

I don’t know exactly what the future holds, but my immediate plans are to travel back to school and spend a few weeks packing up and meeting with people.  Your prayers are greatly appreciated as I move into a new phase.  I’m excited to see how the Lord leads.

Thanks for stopping by.  Blessings on your New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment