Monday, January 9, 2012

Not a typical morning...

...at 8:05 I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet.

---

Yesterday's words of wisdom from my sister, Beck: The family that "yays" together stays together.  (I'm not exactly what she meant by that.  But it sounds catchy, doesn't it?)

Tuna quesadillas are on the menu for tonight.  Quick, simple, and very tasty.  I love cooking - especially for my family or guests - but life has been well, busy, and it feels a little silly to spend a whole lot of time on food.
Keep it simple, Sweetie.

That's my new motto.  :)  It really is amazing just how often you can have people over when you don't feel the pressure to cook a big, fancy meal.  But I digress.  We were talking about tonight's dinner menu.  Tuna quesadillas.

Tuna.  Melted cheese.  In a tortilla.  What's not to like?  Unless, of course, you're my cousin Ben, who doesn't like cheese.  (Which is probably his only major imperfection.)

The original tuna salad recipe (tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, salsa, chopped onion, and a sprinkle of garlic powder) comes from my friend Esther.  I added tomatoes, spinach, and diced bell pepper...then a good heaping dose of California inspiration led me to throw in cheese, pickled jalapenos, chipotle powder, cayenne, and stuff it all into flour tortillas.  Of all the ways we make tuna here, I'm pretty sure this is my favorite.  You should try it sometime.

Speaking of inspiration, now that I've finished my quilt, I'm really itching to do another one.  Something like this would not normally catch my eye, but I happen to have an almost-seven-year-old nephew, who is completely enthralled by robots and funky space-invader type things.  And then seeing my adorable little Merry prancing and twirling around at church made me want to start sewing lots of sundresses in fun little-girl sizes.

I'm sure I'll never have time for all that, but it's still fun to dream.

---

Hillsong's "Desert Song" is currently playing.  I like that song.

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


---

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment