Friday, February 17, 2012

Leaving God a Voicemail

Ever been so busy or caught up with your own thing that your prayers start to sound like you're just leaving God a voicemail?

You know, something like this: "Hi Lord...um...it's me. I...uh..I have a busy day.  I have to do A and B and C.  Uh...I'll need Your help so that I can get all that done.  Okay, that's all.  Talk to You later..."

I'm exaggerating of course, but really, don't we do that sort of thing sometimes?  I caught myself slipping into that thinking just last night.  In the busy-ness of our world (and our minds) it's a good thing to pause and re-focus on reality.

The reality is that God (by His very nature!) is not a human.  He's not running around so busy that He has no time to "answer the phone", like the person you call and can never get a hold of.  He is right with us, wherever we are.  He is our loving Father - and closest Friend.  It's no challenge for Him to hear the prayers of each of His children AND keep the universe in motion!  He always has time for His children; we are the ones who put Him on hold.

He longs to listen. And He also wants to speak to us...if we will take the time to listen.

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment