Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mail - for me!

I like getting mail.  Actually, I love getting mail.  Anything with a stamp and my name on it is reason for excitement.  (Unless it's a bill or an ad, but I don't get too many of those.)

Today I got the package I'd been waiting for all week:



My new Bible (along with a Bible study I'm very much looking forward to starting!).

To be completely honest, I feel sort of guilty buying another Bible when I think of how many Bibles we have in this house...when I think of the fact that I personally have owned more than one over the years...

...While thousands and thousands of people have not a word of the Scriptures in a language they can understand.  It just seems completely unfair.

It bothers me that so many Christians in the West - myself included - take this for granted.  It's easy to buy a Bible in a myriad of sizes, shapes, covers, and translations.  The very fact that it is so readily accessible leads us to value it less, oftentimes.  I certainly stand guilty on this count.

God's Word is a tremendous treasure, and I'm privileged to have a copy in my own language.  Oh, that I wouldn't take that privilege lightly!

Will you pray with me that God would give each of us a greater hunger for His Word - and for HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment