Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Snippets

Some pictures of (mostly) everyday life...
 
 
My first bus ticket (from some weeks ago)
 
 
Looking out from my patio
 
 
 
What I see from my hall window: two horses and LOTS of bricks
 
(Yes, there are two horses there.  The white horse is hard to see.)
 
 
Wretched thing...
 
 
Marinated tomatoes and cucumbers
 
 
This is not everyday life!  It was an unexpected (and happy) discovery made by the lady who buys supplies for the folks serving out in villages.
 
Cheddar cheese.  A whole kilo.  There's no telling if or when we'll see it in a store again, but...I got my quail.  (And no, I have not eaten it all.  It's safely stowed away in the freezer, and I'm determined to make it last.)
 
 
Meet my gecko :)
 
 

And more not-everyday-life: my first box from home!  I would say my first package, but there was a small padded envelope a few weeks back, and I'm not sure if that counts as a package or not.  Anyway, I was quite pleased.  Real mail, as you must know, is my one weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment