Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ten things...

…you may or may not know about me.  (Because evidently you’re supposed to do this sort of thing if you have a blog. ;))

1.  I am most definitely NOT a city girl - living in a city of 2.5 million has established that fact.  Growing up where I did, I certainly can’t claim to be a country girl, either.  No, I am a child of suburbia.  However, out of the two extremes, I’d have to say I’m much more at home in the country than in the city.

2.  Unlike certain members of my family, I don’t really care for ice cream.  I’m not sure if that makes me un-American or just plain weird, but whatever.

3.  Writing lists is therapeutic for me.  Cheap therapy, eh?  Only the cost of paper and ink.

4.  I enjoy hunting for the perfect word when I’m writing.  My thesaurus used to be my best friend.  Sometimes I’d even look through it just for fun.  Yes, really.

5.  I had braces – not once but twice.  (That might lead you to believe that my teeth were really bad.  They actually weren’t, it’s just that the problems I did have needed to be dealt with at different times.)

6.  I first started drinking coffee two years ago…almost exactly.  (No, I don’t remember the exact day.  I just remember that it was in October.)

7.  I’ve given an injection before.  (Saline solution, MTC health class.)

8.  I don’t know how to swim.  Rather absurd, given the fact that I’m in my twenties.  You’d think somewhere along the way I would have learned…

9.  I’ve never broken any bones.  (Mine or anyone else’s.)

10.  I’ve only flown across an ocean once, and that was to come here.  (Obviously.  How else would I have gotten here?  Walking, driving, or biking would have been a bit difficult, and we already established the fact that I can’t swim.)

No comments:

Post a Comment