Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Monday

Yup, it's Monday...again.  Where has the time gone??

Howdy!



I'm always amazed at how something so simple - like flowers from the front yard casually placed in an old jelly jar - can put a smile on my face and remind me of God's goodness.  He has showered life with beauty in so many ways.

---

There was actually a headline this weekend – "U.S. Hiring at a Standstill".

I thought, Well, my experience certainly validates that.  Seriously, all things considered, who wants to hire a girl with less than three months available and absolutely no experience to offer?!  But then I smile and remind myself that my God is capable of overcoming all odds.

I also remind myself (and the smile sometimes fades at this point), that just because He can doesn't mean He will.  His answers don't usually look the way I expect them to.

Right now, there seems to be no way around "waiting", so the question I have to ask is, "What am I doing while I'm waiting?"

---

One of the things I love about being home is the spontaneous sisterly trios that break out as we go about our tasks.  Three-part harmony in some of our favorite hymns.  Love it, love it!

---

"And I think of You who shines with endless light through broken jars of clay…" - I Think of You

I am joyful in the privilege of being one of those broken jars.

---

And thus begins another week to see God's grace.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment