Friday, July 29, 2011

Well, it's been awhile since I've had the time or inspiration to do much blogging, so I've accumulated a number of pictures. Here we go...



This is what happens to fabric scraps.  I had such fun!


























This is because I simply love picking fresh flowers.

Maybe it sounds silly to say...but I'm so glad God made flowers.  They make me think of how He's so big and yet gives those little flowers exactly what they need to grow.  And He does so much more for me.

---

From the morning strolls...



 This is a gloriously bright July morning, perfect for walking the dog.  (Actually, the sun was out for most of the day, just not when I took the picture.)



This is Tephra.



 This is Tephra after a 30-minute walk - happy and tired.



This is a "just because" shot.


This is stopping to smell the roses...only I just snapped a shot and didn't actually smell them.



This is an exotic flower blooming right alongside the roses and poppies and hydrangeas (it's a passion flower, in case you're wondering).



This is an excessively elaborate receptacle for paper correspondence (otherwise known as a mailbox).  There are even lace curtains in the windows.  Serious decorating skills!



This is California, baby.



This is one of God's reminders to me - life isn't about avoiding the tight spots.  It's about blooming where you are.

...That's what I want to do.

---

And this is one of my favorite lines from an email this week: "Is it bad to be thinking of the coffee that one will make upon arising the next morning???"  :)  Ah, what kind of question is that?!  Of course not...

---

Life is good.  Because God never leaves my side for even a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment