Saturday, July 9, 2011

More Summer Goals

Summer goal #4 (but who's keeping track, right?): Read 10 Books.  Completed.  Here's the list, along with my commentary.

1. Unplanned by Abby Johnson (Gut-wrenching but insightful story about one woman's journey from "Pro-Choice" to "Pro-Life".)

2. The Friendship Gap by Tim Stafford (Deeply insightful book on cross-cultural ministry.  Loved it!  Sadly, it's out of print, but I got my copy through Amazon.)

3. Our Witchdoctors are Too Weak by Davey and Marie Jank (Snippets of everyday missionary life and challenges.  Very well written...I found myself laughing through most of it.)

4. The Church Before the Watching World by Francis Schaeffer (Maybe I'd have gleaned something from this if I were more intellectual, but it just wasn't written on my level.)

5. By Searching by Isobel Kuhn

6. Spiritual Junk Food by Cathy Mickels & Audrey McKeever (Thought-provoking.  I'd recommend this for anyone hoping to work with American youth.)

7. Green Leaf in Drought by Isobel Kuhn (Encouraging accounts of how God cared for Isobel and her husband as missionaries in China.)

8. Stones of Fire by Isobel Kuhn

9. Becoming a Titus 2 Woman by Martha Peace (Excellent, excellent, excellent!  This book was so encouraging. As I was reading, a certain person kept coming to mind, and I'd think, "Yes! I know someone who is like that!" Very cool to have a real flesh-and-blood example of the Titus 2 woman.)

10. Have You Felt Like Giving Up Lately by David Wilkerson (Another highly recommended title.  Very straight-forward counsel for someone facing discouragement.  Wilkerson has a down-to-earth way of bringing Scripture into his writing, which I love.)

And a bonus: Serving as Senders by Neal Pirolo (If you know a missionary...or are one...read this!)

---

Summer goal #5: Make a quilt for my room.



On Tuesday - all 48 quilt blocks sewn together.



On Thursday - top completed!  (It was rather difficult to get a shot of the entire quilt.  As you can see I wasn't too successful.)  Hurray!

---

Thus ends another week.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment