Saturday, July 2, 2011

Musings on a Summer Day

Goodbye, June and hello, July!  Where has the time gone?!

Just a few things I'm thankful for right now...



Nothing says summer like fresh strawberries, eh?  Mom made her famous pound cake to go with them.  Tasty!



Flip-flop days...love them!



Summer fruit (Can you tell I'm excited that summer is here?)



Yay for quilting!  A delightful summer project.



Coffee. :)  (No comments from the peanut gallery, thank you very much.)

In case you can't see it, the mug says "God's love is reflected in the heart of a true friend."  I heartily concur.



God's faithful promises.  Yes, He is my light, my salvation, and my strength.  I see that more with every passing day.



Dear friends.  Good times.  Fun memories.  (A snapshot from last week's visit.)  Was it really only a week ago that I woke up to the sound of goats at Michelle's?  And fell asleep to the sound of a tractor discing the adjoining field?  Or that the three of us were sipping coffee together after dinner?

A few days in the country can do wonders for a person.  Hot days and warm nights.  Fresh blueberries.  Just-harvested wheat fields.  Almond orchards.  Horses across the way.  An abundance of lovely flowers.  Quiet country roads.  The delicious rays of evening sun falling across the fields, creating long shadows among the trees.  The invigorating morning air.

Ahhh...

---

As I write, this song is playing.  I love the line from the chorus - "We delight in the Son who was perfect from birth, we delight in the day He's returning to earth - Hallelujah!"

Hallelujah for a God who is perfectly faithful!  It may not be easy, but life is so worth living because of His love.  Thank You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment