Friday, July 8, 2011

On the Geography of Ministry

In a conversation with Mom the other week...

"I'm all for seeing people serve the Lord overseas, but if no one stays here to disciple and teach them, exactly what kind of people will we be sending to other countries?  Somebody needs to be willing to train the next generation of young people."

I think she said that pretty well.

I have no idea if/when/where God will lead me overseas.  But I, for one, am very thankful for those who have chosen to follow the Lord by staying here in the States.  My life has been deeply impacted by many faithful Christians who serving the Lord here.

As one of my favorite teachers would say - Hats off to you.

After all, ministry is simply living in faith wherever God has us at this time.  It doesn't magically happen by flying across an ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment