Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just a look back...

I'll miss the California poppies, the real palm trees, and the 100+ rosebushes I see on my daily walks around the block.

I'll miss the luxury of a shower in my own home.

I'll miss being able to drive myself around.

I'll miss Friday night pizza.

I'll miss Mom saying, "Rach, do you want me to make you some coffee?"  (Which she knows is a ridiculous question.  Of course, coffee!)

I'll miss singing with the girls.  And hearing lines like this: "Can I paint your nails?"  "Hey, you should borrow a pair of my earrings!"  "When we go out shopping…"  You know, sister stuff. :)   (Although, for the record, I'm not generally a shopper.)

I'll miss my darling munchkins: Jeremiah, Merry, and Elijah.  Having been gone for much of the past two years, I feel like I'm missing out on their growing up.  It's been fun this summer to get to know them again.  (Side note: we went over for dinner last night, and it was funny to observe their unique personalities coming out.  Six-year-old Jeremiah was enthusiastically throwing a cloth Frisbee and his "aim" is something else.  Four-year-old Merry sat down against me with her coloring book.  She's quite a cuddle bug.   :)  Elijah practically never stopped moving until we sat down for dinner.  Oh, the energy of a two-year-old boy!)

---

It's really been a beautiful summer that the Lord has given me.  But it's time to start something new.  Joshua 1:9, one of my all-time favorite verses, comes to mind:

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

That's the promise I cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment