Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Of Fire Extinguishers, Friends, and Foes

Yesterday evening while dutifully inspecting fire extinguishers (don't laugh – it's my work detail on campus)…



I found the tiniest, most adorable kitten.



She was so playful.



Then I found the tiniest and completely UNadorable snake.  It was so small, it took me a minute to realize I was staring at a snake.  (Shudder.)  I can no longer say I've never seen a snake in real life.  Okay, so it wasn't as scary as it could have been (or as I thought it would be).  But I still hate them.  I'm still not going to mess with them.



And yet at the same time, I was quite proud of myself for not completely freaking out when I saw it.  That's why I had to get my camera.  A little boy walked past and asked, "Why are you taking a picture of the snake my dad found?"  (I wanted proof, that's why!)  He eyed me curiously and continued, "…It's not real, anyway.  I mean, it's dead."

Oh.  I wondered why it hadn't moved even a centimeter when I went back home to grab my camera.
Uh…does it still count???

No comments:

Post a Comment