Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday

It was a baking day of sorts.



This is the carrot-banana-zucchini bread that...um...didn't want to come out of the pan in one piece.



Rumbie (a girl from church) and I made chocolate shortbread dipped in chocolate.  The chocolate was for her benefit, not mine.  She was extremely delighted, and her delight delighted me.  The chocolate itself didn't.  But I digress...

We played Scrabble while waiting for the shortbread to bake.  And we laughed.  And talked.  Fun times!

Side note: Rumbie is camera-shy...I wanted a picture of us in the kitchen together, but instead you get to see a picture of what we made. ( Not as nice, but better than nothing.)

---

Last night...



Gramps and Grandma Angie were over for dinner.  We had the old standby - nachos.  Gramps loves nachos.  :)



This is a very typical snapshot - Gramps and his ice cream (and a crazy expression on his face).

It was good to see them again.  I'm glad I was still in the area when they drove up.

---

And today it's official - less than two weeks before classes start again.  Where, oh where, has the time gone?  It has been a beautiful summer, I will say that.  (I don't mean the weather. ;))  The Lord has been so good, so faithful, so sufficient, and I would not trade what He has given me the past few months - not for anything in the world.  When I think of His love, I am awed.  Humbled.  Grateful.  And you know, it never gets old...

Lord, I'm amazed by You and how You love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment