Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Grace Story: {Day 16} When the missionary gets saved

He told me today: "For twelve years, I taught Galatianism [as a missionary in a South American tribe].  Then this guy came... I asked him why he came.  He said that 'God sent him'.  [makes a doubtful expression]  And he discipled all of us for three months.  It turned our ministry on its head.  I think I got saved."  He told how many of the churches in that tribe today still follow "the old way" of legalism - and there is a noticeable difference between those churches and the churches that follow "the new way".

That's how radical grace is.

I've written a lot so far on grace in the Bible - about God's plan to send the Deliverer and about what He'd be like.  About how it unfolded in a dirty stable in Bethlehem.  About ordinary people back then.  Which is a pretttty long time ago.

But also I really love how the Story is for us today.  Not just for us, but that we are actually part of it.  The Grace Story is still being written.  It's still amazing.  It's still changing lives.

Like when a missionary gets saved.

. . .

What's your part of the Grace Story look like?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment