Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Grace Story: {Day 20} For the middle of a Thursday

I love that God's grace is not only for big decisions and earth-shattering news, not only for tears and questions and crisis, but for the everyday.

For when I sit across the table from a friend and we eat burgers and fries.  For when I drive to a haircut, fill out an application, listen to my sister's stories.  For when I fold laundry and prepare meals.  For when I scribble down plans for another ordinary week.

Because there is this reality that never changes - no matter what my circumstances or the state of my heart - I belong to God.  I am His child, and nothing can take me from His love.  Good, bad, ugly, or ordinary, nothing will change God's heart towards me.  I am His.  Forever.

I don't deserve belonging.  I didn't do anything to earn it and I can't do anything to keep it.  That's what makes it grace.

This song is a beautiful reminder for your Thursday (or Friday, or whenever) ~


No comments:

Post a Comment