Monday, May 25, 2015

Taking It All In: Girls' Night

Once upon a Friday night, us gals (young and old) had a get-together at the Mission.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We ordered pizza.
 
We talked.
 
We rummaged through Jenn's garage sale stuff.
 
We watched a movie.
 
We ate cookies and brownies and gummy bears.
 
We played a game.
 
Seven of us spent the night at the Guest House.
 
 
The next morning we had breakfast
 
 
 
Just hangin' out with my friend Roxy (Shawn and Jenn's dog).
 
 
 
No, you can't come inside.  Silly Roxy-girl.
 
 
After breakfast we went to the living room for a "say-goodbye-to-Rachel" thing.  They prayed for me, shared some memories and encouragement, and gave me the traditional leaving-West-Africa-gift (a wall-hanging). 
 
It totally was not supposed to be a goodbye breakfast for me, but I had double-booked myself the night they had planned to have a goodbye party for Shawn, Jenn, and I (we're all leaving this summer), and I guess they didn't want me to be left out.
 
 
 
 
 
Friendship...
 
Crazy.  Sometimes messy.  But priceless and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment