Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Taking It All In: My First First Communion(ish)

Not last Sunday but the Sunday before, twenty-four robbers came knockin' at my door...
 
Just kidding.  Angèle's nephew Papi had his First Communion.
 
We didn't go to the actual mass, but we were there for the party afterwards.  Angèle and I, along with Julien's sister and a few of Angèle's aunts, helped serve.  We got matching pink dresses made for the occasion (matching outfits are a big thing here).
 
 
For the first couple hours, I just watched this little guy while his mommy was helping in the kitchen.  When his daddy finally got there, I passed him off and went to help where I could.
 
Since I was busy, I didn't get the chance to take a ton of pictures of the action, but I snapped ones when I could, mostly before the guests started to arrive.


 
The place was gorgeous.  It was liking stepping into another world...like...a paradise of sorts.
 
All those vines and flowers, they just made my heart so very happy.

 
Marie-Louise, Julien's sister, is on the right.


 
The guests of honor sat at extra-decorated tables like these.


 
This little girl became my friend and chatted my ear off while I was watching Theo.

 
Oh, her face cracks me up.



 
Aunt Prisca putting plates of appetizers together.

 
The table where Papi and the parents sat.





 
The food was exquisitely prepared and arranged.

 



 
 
Little Henrietta.  She's such a cutie.
 


 
Marie, Angèle and I served tea and coffee after the meal.

 
And we had dancing.  Of course.

 
That's Papi's dad...the one with the bottle.



Papi himself...sadly, the only picture I have of him.  And his back is turned to the camera.

We all left completely exhausted.  I suppose it's one of those things that, while not without its challenges, I'll look back on with rose-colored glasses one day.

Family memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment