Tuesday, May 19, 2015

This...

 
This is ginger juice.  It's good.  And good for you.  And also...strong.  Like burns-your-tongue-and-makes-some-people-cough-and-get-teary-eyed.  (Which...I'll admit, makes me laugh.)
 
 
This is for quick dinners.  And because I love Spanish so much that sometimes I buy things just to look at the labels.  Just kidding.  Sort of.
 
 
This is Benedicte, swinging at the Mission playground.
 
 
This was a delightful treat: a loaf akin to rustic French bread, instead of the normal practically texture-less baguettes.
 
 
This was a very fun purchase...for the grand total of $3.08 (at the current exchange rate).
 
 
This is a garishly painted lion at the nearby park.  Seriously, those lips are way. too. red.
 
 
This is that very detailed info sheet on an antibiotic that I tried to read in French...before unfolding the paper and realizing that I could have read it in English.
 
 
This is the 6th love language, the one that Chapman dude forgot about: cheese.
 
 
Cheese...is my one weakness!
 
 
This is because he's cute and I love him to pieces and he's wearing a California shirt.  (Seriously, does that face not just melt your heart?)
 
 
This is spending a few minutes with the last of my cocoa powder from the US (thanks, Auntie Mercy!).  I'd been saving it for a special occasion, and since last week was J&A's 5th anniversary, we had a little family celebration.  With chocolate cake.
 
 
These are my two word logs (notebooks with all[ish] the French words and phrases I learned during the program).  They are now retired - and tucked away for posterity.  Actually, I'm not sure that I'll end up keeping them.  That depends on how much space I have when I'm packing.
 
...Which I don't want to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment