Friday, May 22, 2015

Taking It All In: The I'm-Done-with-French-Classes Party

I finished classes the last Thursday of April.  The next day, I (with the help of Benedicte) cooked up a Mexican meal and a pan of brownies, then spent the evening talking and laughing with friends.
 
It was wonderful.
 
(Except for the first few pictures, Benedicte was my official photographer for the evening.  Merci beaucoup, Benedicte!)
 



 
The menu: homemade tortillas, salsa, rice, cheese, beans and meat in enchilada sauce, brownies, and Angèle's delicious juices.
 
(Auntie Tina - I had been saving my last can of enchilada sauce for a special occasion, and this was it.  Thanks again for bringing those over!  I enjoyed every one of them.)
















 
Michi was telling the story of the charades game her young people's group played that day.  She had us nearly in stitches.




















 
Hailah amused herself by "hiding" behind the patio door.  Sorry, girlie, we can still see you.





See that smile on my face?  I was one happy girl.  To have finally finished the program, and to have great friends around to help me celebrate...

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment