Monday, February 5, 2018

On growing


Suppose I just sit on my couch and never exercise (hypothetically, of course...)?  Will I grow stronger?

Of course not.

In a similar way, I can't approach my spiritual health with a passive mindset.  No, I cannot please God or make myself holier by my own efforts; nor is He looking for my life to be marked by frantic activity.  But faith can be compared to a muscle that grows stronger with stretching and exercise.

Last semester the Lord showed me areas where I needed to more intentional...being in the Word consistently and regularly seeking out feedback and encouragement from other ladies who have walked with Him longer.

Perhaps it seems like a no-brainer, but these things make such a difference.

Starting off this morning with a cup of coffee and a dear coworker encouraged me so much - being reminded of truth, getting advice, and praying together - and made me want more.  More stretching.  More growth.

Will you pray with me for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment