Friday, February 2, 2018

Oh, Friday

Last semester, we started a staff ladies "Soup's On" lunch (inspired by a similar event when I was in training down in Missouri).  A few ladies sign up to bring different soups, we rotate who hosts, everybody brings their own bowl and spoon (so super easy cleanup!), then we spend an hour or so chatting and dunking bread into warm bowls of soup.  And laughter always finds its way in there, too.

Today was our first one this semester, and it was just lovely.


It seemed like the perfect excuse to try The Pioneer Woman's olive cheese bread recipe from my new cookbook. :)

- - -

My view most days -



It was a quiet Friday in my office, so after work projects were taken care of, I started prepping for Tuesday's small group discussion.

This week's chapter: A Faulty Focus...on how when we take our eyes off God and His goodness, we often get anxious.  Timely, yes?

I love Friday afternoons...looking ahead to the weekend (at least, if it's not crazy like last weekend!) and leisurely cups of coffee and house projects and fun things with friends.

I really do love my job (most of the time), but I also enjoy life outside the office.

So here's to weekends...and a different perspective than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment