Thursday, February 8, 2018

To Milestones

He officially took his first few steps a couple weeks ago, then seemed to lose interest.

Tuesday he just decided walking might actually be pretty fun, so he started walking everywhere.


We knelt in the hall outside his mommy's office while he toddled back and forth between us all, laughing the whole time.

Ah, life.

These little moments are so special to me.


I have a nephew and a niece in California.  Three nephews across an ocean, in Senegal.  Three more kids that I loved as my own flesh and blood (and one I never got to meet) but are no longer in my life.

I miss them terribly.

Yet God has kindly added to my family since moving here - Jonah, his five siblings, and his wonderful parents - and given me the chance to be a part of milestones that I'm missing in the others' growing up.

Sometimes I wish all the people I love most could be together in one place, but perhaps God's gifts seem sweeter this way.

So I write and remember and thank Him for being good to me in just one more way.

No comments:

Post a Comment