Monday, June 20, 2011

E.M.R.

Obviously, posting on xanga was not something that made it onto my "to-do" list last week.  Between filling out job applications, making follow-up calls, and odd projects around the house, I had plenty to keep me occupied.  Not that I'm complaining.  Life has been good even though it's not always easy.  The Lord continues to amaze me every day with His grace, faithfulness, and care for me.  Being His child is the most incredibly awesome thing ever.

This week promises to busy as well.  The usual housework, correspondence, etc., plus hanging out with people I haven't seen for a while.  Today, it'll be Jessica, a friend of ten years.  Tomorrow it'll be Sarah, a girl I used to teach in Sunday School.  (Why does watching kids you've taught grow up make you feel strangely old?!)  AND, Lord willing, I'll be visiting my friends Esther and Michelle this week.  Michelle and I will be sharing a booth at a craft boutique on Friday and Saturday.  Remember those earrings and coasters?  Yes, well, that's my contribution.  We'll see how they sell.  :)

---

Oh, so maybe you're wondering...what does the title of this post stand for?  NOT "Emergency Medical Response".  (Sorry, Sarah.)  E.M.R. - that would be Esther, Michelle, Rachel.



This happy threesome.  (The pictures are from the last week of school...goodness, was graduation really a whole month ago?!)



Very fun memories.  And I GET TO SEE THEM THIS WEEK!!!  I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

---

Just for kicks, check out these songs.  (Two, since I didn't post last week.)

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty"
"Come Thou Fount"

---

I read these verses this morning: "...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 3:13-14)

It's a new week.  Let's press on toward the prize of knowing Christ more.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment