Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kept in His Grace

Oh how I love You, Lord
I love Your perfect word
With tearful eyes I see
The God who always will endure
Now I will celebrate
For all the thousand ways
That You have shown me grace
And made my heart in grace to stay

- from "I Need You"

---

Ever wonder how many of "all the thousand ways" go unnoticed as we sail through life?   How many times is God's finger at work, gently orchestrating the details of our lives for our very best?   And I often don't thank Him for those "thousand ways" He shows me grace, because I don't even see them.

Yet I have so much to be thankful for.   So very much.

Like a roof over my head.   Plenty of food and clothing.  Family and friends.   Eyes to see the beauty around me.  Ears to hear a bird's song, the glorious rumble of thunder, or my sisters' laughter.   The opportunity to be trained for what God has for my future.   Most of all, that God loves me and keeps me in His grace no matter what life looks like.   That His ways are so much better than what this stubborn, selfish, short-sighted heart of mine could dream up.

Celebrate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment