Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reminders

My friend made a comment yesterday that prompted me to pull out my sadly neglected journal.  As I browsed through, one entry in particular caught my attention.  It was from January.  God knew I needed the reminder...again.

"Another very unexpected change of plans, and though I can speak easily of 'giving things to the Lord', I'm still human, weak, stubborn, and slow to learn.

"It's like the Lord said, 'Here, I'm giving you another chance to give something over to Me.  I'm giving you another chance to trust, to rest in Me, to know the joy and peace of submission.  I want you to have the opportunity to see how I can take a change, a disappointment, and turn it into a beautiful blessing.'

"And what do I do?  Cry, 'No Lord!  This isn't the way I want it!  This wasn't in my plans!  Why does it have to be like this?  Why did this have to happen?'

"Why, indeed."

I close with two quotes from the next day's entry (both from the movie, "Beyond the Next Mountain").

"God's love is like the horizon.  Wherever you go, it is right in front of you."

"What an amazing Christ!  He never seeks for our approval, only for faith to believe He is at work.  All is mystery.  To put one's life in His hands is not to be led astray."

No comments:

Post a Comment