Wednesday, November 21, 2018

20 Things I'm Thankful For

Big and little, in no particular order -


1. Unexpected beauty, like these dried hydrangea flowers that I saw on the ground yesterday and scooped up.

2. Sweet friends that I get to spend Thanksgiving with.

3. Snuggly, squishy babies in the nursery this morning.

4. God's Word in my own language.  What would I do if I didn't have this?  It's something I can't even wrap my mind around.

5. Bacon.  (For tomorrow's brunch.  And also always.)

6. My nieces and nephews.  I love every single one of them and each makes my heart happy in his or her own way.

7. Home and holiday inspiration from The Nester.

8. Neighbors and nearby friends for questions like, "Do you have any garlic?"  "Can I borrow some coconut?"  "Got an egg I could use?"  For some reason this feels especially wonderful during holiday meal prep.

9. Laughter.


10. Homemade cranberry sauce with orange, cinnamon, cloves, and honey.  The house smells so wonderful right now!

11. Songs about Emmanuel.

12. A warm home, clothes, and plenty of food.

13. The ability our brains have to hold so many memories.  A certain smell, a song, the way the sky looks, can whisk us away to another point in time almost instantly - I love that.

14. Peace in a crazy world, because of Christ.

15. A 4 ½ day weekend!  So, so excited for the break.

16. My family and church family.

17. Five senses through which I can experience the world around me.

18. My car alarm has been fixed!!!

19. Earlier nightfall, which makes it easier to go to bed earlier and get more much-needed rest.

20. Jesus, the truest and kindest Friend I could ever hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment