Monday, November 5, 2018

This... {Fall Edition}


This is one of my favorite trees at the school.  It's right across from my living room window.


This is a tree across from Tamara's living room window, which is one of my favorite trees ever.  The picture is from the other week - now it's rather bare.


This (along with the next five pictures) is from when I took a walk with the kids around the neighborhood, looking for signs of fall.  I gave Isaac the camera, showed him which buttons to press, and told him to document our excursion.  He got a few really cool shots.



This is such a unique tree - its shape, its bright brown-orange tones.  I'm glad he got a picture of it.


This is nature's confetti, a celebration of the season.


This is the clean-up of said confetti, which feels far less celebratory!


This is a blurry-but-cool-with-a-touch-of-editing shot, by Isaac again.


This is a tree I pass multiple times a day, right by the entrance to the school.


This is a close-up of the leaves.  No matter how many times a day I passed, the leaves stunned me every time.  Not only is their shape so beautiful, but the color was absolutely radiant.






This is from last week, when Michelle and I took a walk downtown.  They're some of my last good leaf pictures...the trees are rapidly loosing their remaining leaves.

I feel like this has been the longest fall since I've been here, though - at least in terms of color.  There were some gorgeous shades in the first week of October and even though there are a lot of bare trees now, some still have color.  At least a month of lovely leaves?  I'll take it!



This is one of the many gorgeous old brick churches we have in town.


This is when Michelle and I took a Saturday drive, stopping along the dirt roads for pictures, ooing and ahhing over the last of fall colors, remarking about how October and November each have their own nuances.


This seems to capture November perfectly: the gray sky, the muted colors, the empty fields.


This is one of many barns we saw along the way.


This is sneakily taking a picture of her taking a picture.



This is November's featured color.  Come back next month for a bunch of white...



This is because even dried-out weeds can be pretty with a bit of imagination.




This reminds me how much I do, in fact, love November.  It's cold and windy and gray, but it has a charm all its own and I'll enjoy the way the landscape looks before the snow comes and covers everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment