Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Does Your Soul Need Hope?


Hello there, you.

Are you feeling overwhelmed right now, with decisions or an uncertain future or questions that don't have answers?  Does anxiety swirl around, making your heart pound and your head spin?  Do you catch yourself trying to carry the weight of the world (plus Mars, the moon, and Jupiter) on your shoulders?  Is there some inner voice shouting at you to figure it all out (NOW!) and have it all together?

Yes?  Me too.

Then may you find comfort, like I do, in this verse:

Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
- Psalm 62:5-6

May you wait quietly - not as much for answers as for Him.  May His truth give you the confidence to say, I will not be shaken.  May running back to that fortress become your instinct in trouble of any kind, and may hope triumph over fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment