Friday, November 23, 2018

One Last Hurrah


Here's one last post of pretty fall leaves (pictures were from a couple weeks ago, but I didn't get around to posting them).


Thanksgiving was lovely.

We brunched, we watched movies, we snacked, we chatted, we drank coffee, we ate dinner, we laughed, we stayed up late.

I had a twinge of sadness when we finished the last movie and it was time to head to bed.


With Thanksgiving behind us now, however, I feel free to enter fully into the winter/Christmas season with no judgment (real or imagined) from others.


I puttered around the house today, eating leftovers, enjoying the quiet, re-organizing, tucking fall things away and making room for more wintry things.


A decent chunk of Christmas shopping is also done now - blessed relief.  Giving is fun; last minute decisions about giving stress me out.


I find myself thinking ahead, not so much to Christmas day itself (yet), but to Advent.

It's my favorite part of the holiday season.  The waiting, the anticipation, the remembering...


I have several Advent blog posts planned, so I won't spoil them by going on any more right now. :)


I resolved to light my candles more often this fall and winter - it's such a tiny thing, but it does so much for the mood of one's home.  L'ambiance.  (Imagine me saying that in an exaggerated French accent, because that's what I would do if you were here.)


Dried-orange-and-bay-leaf garland is strung up in the kitchen for a little festive touch.  I've never dried oranges before and they didn't turn out perfectly, but hey, first times can be practice, right?


I pulled out my tiny wintry basket today and set it on the counter to inspire me.  I'm not sure where things will end up, but I'm looking forward to decorating a bit.

Farewell, fall; welcome, winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment