Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Day in the Life of...

(The same things don't happen every single day, but this was a day from this week - more or less typical.)

5:30 - The alarm goes off.  I fall back asleep thinking I really should set the alarm later, now that I don't have morning classes.

7:10 - I come out to the kitchen and start heating the water for a shower.  Eat leftover rice pudding while reading Ephesians.  Work on my memorization for the week (which I'm happy to report is going much better now that I'm taking smaller chunks to work on.)

8:15 - I get ready and listen to French recordings.

8:50 - I run to the gas station for jelly.  Come back and make a batch of jelly-filled oatmeal bars while listening to French.

10:15 - I leave to visit my host family (the first time I went by myself - and I didn't get lost!).

11:00 - I arrive and watch Angèle make lunch...which (as for most of the dishes here) is a rather lengthy process.  We visit for several hours.

2:30 - I take the bus to class, and wonder of wonders!  I actually get to sit down.

3:00 - French session (later than we normally start).

5:30 - French is over.  I walk home and stop by a boutique to get something on the way.

6:45 - Dinner and French review.  Work on emails for a bit.

8:00 - Open package from Mom with her on Skype.

9:00 - The credit runs out.  I have several things left on the day's to-do list, but not a lot of motivation or mental energy to do them.  So I journal for a while instead.

10:20 - I decide it's time for bed. (Notice I said "decide".  What actually ended happening may have been slightly different.  I decline to comment on this matter further.)  I leave the sizeable pile of dishes in the sink because, hey, you got to pick your priorities, and I've done so poorly with decent bed times for...well, a while...that I figure dishes could wait until tomorrow.

So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment