Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Everyday life: A culinary perspective

 
 
 
I try to keep an open mind when it comes to fruits, veggies, and grains.  (I’m a little less adventurous in the meat department.)  There’s a whole slew of jellies in the supermarkets, a good number of which I’m not familiar with.  So I decided to try papaya jelly last time.  It has hands down the oddest texture of any jelly I’ve ever had.  The flavor isn’t bad - if you like papaya.
 
 
It’s fun to tweak my baked oatmeal recipe.  I tried a pumpkin/spice version one week, and last weekend I used bananas and coconut milk.  Maybe an apple cinnamon version will be next…
 
 
It’s easy to get into an unimaginative rut when cooking for just oneself.  Sometimes, inspiration comes in a burst and I like to make the most of that. :)  Lentil curry was the result of the most recent burst of inspiration.  I was beyond thrilled to find fresh cilantro.  AND fresh ginger.  The result was quite tasty, I must say.  I mean - garlic, onions, cilantro, and ginger?  Enough said.
 
 
 
Piment.  For those who like it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment