Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dear Mom...

Happy birthday!
 
You’re one in…whatever the current population of the world is. :)
 
Thank you for taking your responsibilities as a mom seriously.  For the many hours of happy memories you gave us.  For the sacrifices you made for us – although I realize I have only a slight inkling as to how great those sacrifices were.
 
You taught me how to read and cook and clean and a thousand other things I needed to know.  You taught me to love learning, to love laughing, to love God’s Word.
 
In a world that is forever urging us to be going and doing, I treasure your example of being.
 
I’m thankful for how you give so freely – the way God does.
 
What I’m most thankful for, though, is getting share this grace journey with you.  May we never, never lose sight of how crazy amazing it is.
 
Love you, Mom!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment